Location: 7654 N Delware Ave Portland Oregon
Star Date: June 30th, 2018
Wage: $40,000 per year
Description: Elementary Education: Waldorf School.Classroom Elementary Teacher / 1.0 FTE Portland Village Charter School, Portland Public Schools
The teacher promotes and develops successful learning for students, performs instructional and related duties in accordance with PVS and PPS District policies. The teacher also maintains a cooperative professional attitude with staff, parents, and students. Cultivate and model a respectful working and learning environment.
• Masters in Teaching Elementary
• Hold an appropriate license from Teacher Standards and Practices Commission in the state of Oregon, or obtained a transitional license from another state.
• Demonstrates a expertise in the oral and written English language with a strength in writing, grammar, and legible hand writing
• Ability to effectively work and communicate with students, parents, and school personnel from diverse cultures or backgrounds in English, Spanish, or other languages related to the job
• To be able to and agree to not sharing confidential information relating to students, staff, or district patrons
• Ability to work harmoniously with others and independently
• Previous Waldorf experience in teaching and training preferred
• Excellent communicator with integrity with lead teachers, administration, parents and students.
A. The competent teacher will:
a. Provide a variety of classroom teaching techniques and methods that align with Waldorf education.
b. Promote high levels of achievement in relation to individual student abilities
c. Use techniques and methodologies appropriate for student growth
d. Utilize Waldorf curriculum for daily teaching
e. Maintain accurate student grades and grade books at all times
f. Monitor student learning and ensure growth and development is being tracked
g. Report and work with leader teachers and administration for students needs and evaluations
h. Implement Positive Behavior Support Systems in the classroom and have clear expectations and guidelines with enforceable corrective actions
i. Keep a clean, organized, and safe learning environment for all students
j. Organize field trips and park walks with lead teachers and administration
k. Prepare effective classroom lessons daily for students with goals and objectives aligned to growth outcomes
l. Maintain a personal program of professional growth and development.
m. Cultivate and model a respectful working and learning environment
n. To be able to organize and recruit activity / classroom volunteers.
WORK PLACE EXPECTATIONS:
• Work effectively with and respond to people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
• Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment manner for the assignment and work setting
• Have regular and punctual attendance
• Confer regularly with immediate supervisor
• Follow state, district, and charter school policies for work procedures, and from the Teacher Ethics Commission
• Be responsible to call the EMS Sub Desk and arrange for substitutes when sick or need a leave of absence.
Salary range: $40,000 to $45,000.
Location: Portland Village School
7654 N. Delaware AVE, Portland, OR
Applications accepted June, 2018 until position is filled.
Please email Hiring Chair Debi Lorence a cover letter that outlines your direct experience in teaching, any Waldorf experience or education, a resume not longer then 2 pages, and professional 3 references with their contact information.
Email address: email@example.com
Contact: Hiring chair Debi Lorence email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other info: We have full time teacher openings 1st-7th grades, and teacher assistant positions of too.
Shifts: All Shifts Status: FT & PT SIGN ON BONUS!!! Overview: When you join our team at Arbor Oaks Terrace Memory Care, we work together to make a real difference in the lives of our residents. If you share our team values and have a heart for…
Location: 425 W Edgewood Dr. NewbergStart Date: Possibly April 16thHours: 9:40am-2:10pm Pay: Depends on experience Job Description: Nanny/Babysitter for my 7 year old son 4-5 days a week(Monday -Friday), in my home. Light help with homework. He…
Location: 114 E Hancock St., Newberg OR 97132 Start Date: asap Hours: Evenings & Saturday mornings Pay:$15 - $17 per hour Description: We are a busy, established Chiropractic and Massage clinic looking for a Chiropractic Assistant to work…
Location: 13806 SW 90th Avenue, Tigard OR 97223 Start Date: As soon as possible Hours: Mondays 2:00-5:00pm and Wednesdays 2:00-5:30pm Pay: $17-20 per hour (plus mileage) Job Description: After-school sitter for 8th grade boy. Specific needs are…
Location: 206 e. 1st street Start Date: ASAP Hours: Weekdays 20-30 hours/week Wages: $15/hour Description: Delivery driver of furniture and mattresses. General setup Qualifications: Valid driver license, ability to lift 100lbs Contact: Email…