Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 20 hours/week
Pay: $23,000 - $25,000/year
PURPOSE- To lead in the creation of a radically hospitable culture during Sunday worship services and church-wide events.
1. Take the lead in the development of a radically hospitable, guest-focused culture at Lake Grove…especially during Sunday worship services and church-wide special events.
a. Recruit, train, equip and supervise volunteer teams to deliver hospitality, such as: Parking Lot Hosts, Door Hosts, Worship Hosts (Ushers and Greeters), Welcome Desk and Wall Hosts, Children’s and Youth Area Hosts, Family Hospitality Hosts, etc.
b. Recruit, train, equip and supervise the First Impressions Team which prepares the church and worship spaces for excellent worship experiences.
c. Collaborate with staff to assimilate repeat guests into a deeper connection with Lake Grove. Monitor the assimilation process of repeat guests.
d. Be a visible, welcoming, supportive presence during our four Sunday worship services.
e. Ensure that guest contact information is communicated to staff for inclusion in Realm.
2. Develop and organize a number of strategic church-wide events (such as: Trunk or Treat, Launch Sunday, etc.) throughout the year with the intention of assisting guests and congregants to get connected in fellowship and service.
3. Assist the pastors with New Member Seminars and help facilitate new member integration following the seminars.
4. Collaborate with the pastors and staff in the creation of “next step” pathways to enable repeat guests to connect more deeply at Lake Grove.
5. Collaborate with the Communications Director to create/update information related to hospitality in all church communication vehicles – bulletin, church webpage, email newsletter, and various brochures and pamphlets.
6. Collaborate with pastors and staff to inspire and challenge the congregation to live into the vision of becoming the most radically hospitable church in Portland, Oregon.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1.Bachelor of Arts in related field, preferred
2.Technical Knowledge of Desktop Publishing tools such as MS Office Suite, social media, website editing, knowledge of ACS Realm or ability to learn.
3.General computer knowledge of either MS Windows or MAC operating systems.
Strong interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills
2.Self-Starter requiring minimal supervision
3.Ability to build teams and work well with all kinds of people.
4.Passion for hospitality, and to assist people to make relational connections with others and grow in relationship with Jesus Christ.
5.Paid or volunteer ministry experience is a plus
Ability to be on your feet, navigate stairs, and walk around the church building for several hours each Sunday.
2.Ability to work at desk in office setting for extended periods.
3.Ability to lift and move items such as chairs and tables
If interested, please contact Todd Olson at Todd@lakegrovepres.org and/or 503-636-5656. You can also visit this site https://www.indeed.com/job/director-community-hospitality-69a49c8808509ffd
Location: Newberg School District Start Date: September 23, 2019 Pay: $11.72 - $13.18 depending on experience Hours: 3.75 (9:45am-1:30pm) Job Description: Food Service- Run POS computer, basic cooking, ordering and inventory. Operate dishwasher…
Location: Dundee, OR Start Date: Sept. or Oct. 2019 Pay: $15/hour Job Description: Nanny for four kids- ages 4, 6, 7 and 9. This will include supervising them in homeschool work at the house and preparing lunch and dinner. Shifts will be…
Location: Newberg, OR Start Date: Tuesday and Thursdays starting September 24th, 2019 Pay: $16/hour Hours: Tuesday 6:00 pm -7:30 pm, and Thursday 6:00-7:pm Job Description: Tuesday will include helping 3rd and 5th grader increase reading fluency…
Location: Albany and Carlton, OR Start Date: ASAP Hours: 5pm-1pm, 1-6 days/week. FT: 50-60 hrs/week. Pay: $17 - $18/hour Job Description: We have immediate openings for both Full-Time and Part-Time milker and feeder positions in Albany and Carlton.…
Personal Support worker/Nanny position- Location is SW Portland (garden home) We are looking for someone to watch our 5-year-old son Carter with cerebral Palsy as well as occasionally watching all 3 of our kids together (his twin sister and our 3 year…