Location: West Linn, OR
Start Date: September 2019--Or immediately following interview process. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible to have someone leading the youth programs.
Hours: Starting at 20 hours/week---the hours may fluctuate seasonally during the year (ie. hours may be reduced near Christmas)
Pay: Starting at $18/hour
Job Description: The Director of Faith Formation - Youth works with the pastors on the support and management of key youth, children, and family programs at West Linn Lutheran Church. The position has flexible hours; it requires availability on Sundays. This director will be comfortable with making direct contact with families and youth, preparing youth group meetings, supporting youth staff members, speaking in front of the congregation, leading trainings, and doing publicity for activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
● Maintain regular contact with families and youth about upcoming faith formation events and activities.
● Coordinate and support parent leadership teams for youth groups and National Youth Gathering.
● Help eligible families become knowledgeable about the National Youth Gathering and work with them on the fundraising.
● Train youth staff members in leadership, accountability, time management, and communication skills.
● Plan, coordinate, and implement youth group activities throughout the year.
● Plan, coordinate, and implement Day Camp for the upcoming summer.
● Provide support as needed to the Godly Play program.
● Prepare publicity and social media related to faith formation.
Knowledge of West Linn Lutheran Church and its mission.
● Extensive experience working with youth of a variety of ages in a positive manner.
● Commitment to support families and youth in faith formation through worship, church activities, and community service.
● Desire to work with children and youth in a welcoming, safe, and engaging environment.
● Ability to organize one’s own time and schedule.
● Ability to comfortably communicate with the pastors and the office staff.
● Ability to design and implement creative youth programming.
● Willingness to share one’s ideas and recommendations openly and honestly.
● Prior experience with leadership development and training.
● High comfort level with taking the initiative to reach
If interested, email a cover letter and resume to Tim Herzfeldt-Kamprath at email@example.com and you can also visit their website at https://www.wllc.org/jobs-available.html to view the job description document under the tab Jobs Available.
Hours: 8-10 hours a week (Flexible). Preferably either Wednesday or Thursday evenings from 6-8pm, as well as 4-6 hours during the week Pay: $15 per hour, paid weekly Job Description: The position requires caring for a 12 month old baby boy, as well as…
Childcare workers needed for Thursday morning Bible study at Newberg Friends Church from 8:40-11:05 starting September 5th - December 19th (or anytime you are available in between.) We are also looking for subs to fill-in when regulars aren't available.…
Fit Learning is an educational learning laboratory that works with school aged children who have deficits in reading, math, penmanship, or problem solving skills. Join our team to work one-on-one with students and bring the science of learning to the art…
Location: Sherwood, OR Start Date: Following background check approval- would like as soon as possible Pay: 16.99/ hour Hours: 3-6:30 Thursday and Friday afternoon, occasional date night Job Description: We are a fun-loving, energetic and positive…
Primary Responsibility: Your primary responsibility will be to care for the safety and attend to our 6-year-old daughter, Grace. Morning Responsibilities: Hours needed – 7 am to 8 am (ish) • Arrive by 7 am (or a little before) • Care for Grace until you…