Location: 7654 North Delaware
Start Date: June 30th, 2018
Wage: $65,000 per year
Portland Village Charter School, Executive Director / Principal’s Job Description
Portland Village School (PVS) is a public school of choice in the Portland Public School District. Currently PVS is in its 9th of operation; serve approximately 400 students in grades K – 8.
Our mission is “To advance an arts-integrated education that teaches respect and reverence by developing the head, heart, and hands in children from all backgrounds and cultures. “
PVS provides a Waldorf education with a rigorous curriculum that is rich in literacy, culture, history, language, and art integration, using multi-sensory instruction that combines real world experiences and applied knowledge.
Primary Purpose as the leader of administration, all teaching staff and instructional programs at PVS the Executive Director/Principal is responsible for overseeing daily operations of the school in fulfillment of the mission, vision, and strategic objectives established by the board and charter contract. The Executive Director provides engaging leadership to the PVS community and ensures an open and collaborative environment focused on student academic excellence and exemplary character.
Reporting Structure The Executive Director / Principal reports to the PVS Board and directly and indirectly supervises all school staff and contracted persons a companies. Works in partnership with the schools Business Manager.
The Executive Director/Principal is accountable for fostering success in each of the following areas, measured through both qualitative and quantitative assessment:
• Student Achievement and Development
• Staff Performance and Development
• Community Relations
• Financial and Administrative Management
• Facilities and Safety Management
• Relations with Portland Public School District Board and their charter school liaisons
• Ensuring the charter agreement is being followed with procedures and time sensitive reporting
• Student discipline and recognition
Qualifications and Experience
Masters Degree from an accredited, four-year college or university. An advanced degree and/or current Oregon Administrator licensure is preferred. Relevant education may substitute for experience, and relevant experience may substitute for education. Waldorf trained preferred.
Demonstrated proficiency in the following areas is required:
• Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form; strong presentation skills with public speaking
• Demonstrated ability to manage systemic change and successfully implement reform initiatives that produce gains in closing the achievement gap
• Demonstrate success and experience in instructional program design and development
• Develop and provide ongoing, high quality, job-embedded professional development for staff that is aligned with the teacher goals, school’s mission, instructional program and School Improvement Plan
• Community building experience with proven results
• Flexibility and experience in solving challenging problems through a positive, collaborative approach
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as policies and procedures, contracts, strategic plans, and financial statements
• Strong knowledge of office management the employee laws including but not limited to: hire, firing, staff evaluations, performance reviews, and putting staff on probation with all appropriate documentation
• Financial management and skilled budget experience
Essential functions of the job are primarily performed in a school/office environment. Outdoor activities central to the operation and/or curricular focus of the school may require exposure to varying weather conditions. Travel to meet local off-campus commitments may be required. Must be willing to work evenings and non-standard hours as needed.
$65,000 -$75,000 per year
Qualifications: Experience as Executive Director in a non profit work; Principal or Head Master Leader for a School; Masters level or higher in education, or business
Contact: email: email@example.com
Location: 20407 SW Borchers Dr. Sherwood, OR 97140 Start Date: 5/31/18 Hours: 10-13 Pay: $11.25-$12.00 Description: Exceed customer service standards through enthusiasm and interaction with guests. Responsible for maintaining outstanding levels of…
Location: Carlton, OR Start Date: Fall 2018 Hours: 12-14 hrs/week Wage: $20-$30/hr Description: 2nd grade private tutor for 1 child for 2018-2019 school year. My 7-year-old son is extremely bright and also has some very challenging behavioral…
Location: 24751 SE HWY 224 Boring, OR 97009Start Date: June 18th, 2018 - July 28, 2018Hours: Full Time/ExemptPay: $250 a weekJob Description: Want a summer job opportunity to change a life? Work at summer camp. The Salvation Army Camp Kuratli is looking…
Location: 6750 SW Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, OR 97070 Start Date: When filled Hours: 10 hours/week including most Sunday mornings Pay: $20/hour Job Description: Coordinate the Sunday School and youth programs at a progressive Christian church…
Location: 114 E Hancock St., Newberg OR 97132 Start Date: asap Hours: Evenings & Saturday mornings Pay:$15 - $17 per hour Description: We are a busy, established Chiropractic and Massage clinic looking for a Chiropractic Assistant to work…