Location: GFU Portland Center, 12753 SW 68th Ave., Portland
Start Date: Now
Hours: 8 hours/week
Pay: $12.25 / hour
- Work 4 to 8 hours per week in the Portland Writing Center office, tutoring students in face-to-face or online sessions in an effort to help them improve their writing.
- Collaborate with the Portland Writing Center director and other consultants.
- Guide students through consultations by asking questions, listening closely, and helping students think more critically about their work.
- Assist students in understanding the rules of academic writing, including grammar and mechanics, citations, formatting, documentation, and research.
- Help students to understand unclear assignments and instructor feedback.
- Attend monthly Portland Writing Center meetings and consultant trainings to develop the skills necessary to successfully tutor others.
- Current enrollment as a GFU degree-completion or graduate student in good standing.
- Strong background in writing in a university and/or professional environment.
- Effective critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an innovative and collaborative work environment.
- Commitment to the vision of the Portland Writing Center.
- Personal philosophy that is in agreement with and supportive of the vision, values, and mission of George Fox University.
If interested, contact Dr. Jennie Harrop for the link(s) at 503-554-6024 or email@example.com
McMinnville Area Habitat for Humanity needs 1-2 volunteers to assist with our online eBay sales. Our process includes finding items within our Restore and recent donations that have potential to sell well online; researching items to find appropriate…
NOW HIRING! We are currently accepting applications for part-time and full-time cashiers and cooks! Applicants must be friendly, have an excellent work ethic, and have morning & daytime availability. Qualified candidates may pick up an application at…
Location: 7504 SW BRIDGEPORT RD Start Date: March 2018 Hours: Part time or full time Pay: $15 Job Description: Internal Sales Agent-Makes Calls to clients and inquiries Qualifications: Assertive, good communicator, builds rapport easily, likes…
Location: Woodburn, OR Start Date: 3/1/2018 Hours: 15-20/Week Pay: Ability to make $16/Hour with bonus Job Description: Not just your average retail position. Here at Bose we strive to astonish both customers and employees with astonishing audio…