Pastor to Children & Families
General Position Description: Develop relationships with children and parents to assist parents and the NV community in raising our children in the knowledge and wisdom of God.
Responsible to: Lead Pastor
Status: Half time position (20 hrs/week), Annual salary range from $18,153 - $23,800. Start time sometime in August, 2021.
Ministry Specific Responsibilities:
Pastoral team duties
◦ Attend weekly team meetings
◦ Support pastoral care for children
◦ Advocate for children in the NV community
◦ Semi-regular podium time in Sunday morning worship
Instruction & Worship Leadership for Children
• Develop relationships with the children at NV
• Provide a safe place for inquiry, curiosity and expression for children
• Provide for instruction & meaningful experiences for children
• Seek curriculum and instruction which provides for biblical knowledge and Quaker history & testimonies.
• Provide for direct oversight of children ministers during Sunday morning church
• Regular classroom teaching
• Provide guidance, resources and support for parents as they seek to raise their children in the knowledge and wisdom of God.
Resource the Children’s Council for children programming
• Recruit volunteers for Sunday morning Children’s church & nursery.
• Arrange for adequate support, training, encouragement & evaluation of volunteers & paid staff for children ministries.
• Help children build community with their peers & other adults in the larger NV community.
• Oversee proper record keeping, background checks, & training as required by the NV Child Abuse Prevention Policy.
• Maintain & communicate the weekly children’s volunteer calendar to insure participation.
• Maintain the necessary supplies, curriculum & resources for the Children’s areas.
• Communicate information to the congregation, parents & children about the children’s program.
Recruit, oversee & direct paid childcare workers
• Recruit & direct paid childcare workers for Wednesday Night with Friends, Summer children interns, the All Church Retreat and other community gatherings requiring childcare.
• Collect, Validate & email monthly time sheets to NV office manager.
*Active faith in Jesus Christ
*Embrace a vibrant vision for Children’s Ministry consistent with North Valley’s mission statement
*Experience with Friends/Quaker denomination preferred
*Willingness to uphold Quaker values & SPICES (Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality & Stewardship)
*Preference given for folks with experience in children’s ministry &/or education.
*All applications need to be turned in by July 1, 2021 to Leslie Murray, Lead Pastor at North Valley Friends Church. If you have any questions, please email at Leslie@northvalleyfriends.org or call at 503-260-7615.
Assist in communications for leaders and volunteers, ministry support, office tasks, and other support duties as assigned. Committed to Jesus, organized in productivity, attention to detail, Microsoft office and computer proficiency, able to…
Looking for a babysitter for one child (age 2) on Fridays from 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. We live in Dundee which is about 2 miles outside of Newberg, so a vehicle for transportation will be necessary. There are times that one of our other children may…
615 N College St, Newberg, OR ASAP 20 hrs/weel RESPONSIBLE FOR: The Shelter Manager position is a part-time, non-exempt, position that manages the daily operations of the shelter facility. This includes, but is not limited to, overseeing general shelter…
Bookkeeper responsibilities include vendor payment processing and incidental customer billing, insurance claim submissions for therapeutic services, and assisting the Finance Manager with journal entries and account analyses as needed. 1+ year general…