Live-in caregiver to provide part-time dementia care, companionship in Wilsonville, OR
Great opportunity for a nursing student! Seeking a trustworthy live-in caregiver and compassionate companion for my dear life partner. She’s a 73-year-old woman who’s entering the moderate stages of dementia. She lives
in her own home and has care needs as follows:
- Showering (3x/week)
- Grooming – styling hair (also has hairdresser she sees 2-3 times/month), help brushing her teeth
- Independent with toileting - no use of pads/diapers, sometimes needs prompting to get to toilet
- She’s able-bodied to safely move around her home independently. As she has some upper body weakness, she does need help safely positioning getting into bed and covering herself.
- Preparing breakfast, lunch, and some dinners (I take her out to dinner or get takeout meals several evenings/week)
- Dishes, vacuuming, dusting, laundry (in-home washer/dryer; hang/fold/put away clothing)
Medication management: morning and evening medication, give her probiotics
- Taking her out for recreational outings, though many activities in neighborhood are walking distance.
Note: she no longer drives but has a car available.
- She enjoys walks in her neighborhood and going to the local senior club for light exercise. Needs help completing her physical therapy exercises.
- She’s always been very independent. As her memory is progressively declining, she has increasing confusion as well as periods of fear, anxiety, and irritability – she responds well to reassurance. She should always be accompanied when leaving her home for walks.
She lives in a beautiful neighborhood of Wilsonville, OR. The community offers walking/biking trails, parks, gym,
pool, and lots of local restaurants nearby. She has a tranquil garden and patio at the home’s entrance.
Salary range is $1800-2000/month and includes private furnished bedroom and bath, with utilities and internet
Care is needed for an average of 6 hours total/day. Overnight assistance is minimal, only on “as needed” basis.
The ideal match: female, non-smoker, CPR/first-aid trained. Experience with dementia preferred. Must have a
valid driver’s license, ability to drive, and be able to pass a background check. References will be requested.
I live nearby and will also remain very involved in providing support.
To apply, please email me at: email@example.com. Serious inquiries only, please.
Personal Service Worker (PSW) for 15 year old special needs girl Location: Lake Oswego Hours: Saturdays (morning or afternoons) and/or Sunday afternoons during the school year (hours can flex as needed); holiday vacations (if students are interested and…
We are a GFU family looking for a regular babysitter on Friday afternoons/evenings, and also other occasions 4-7p located within walking distance of the university campus. 2 kiddos, ages 4 & 7, full of fun and energy! $16/hr.
Company Name: Guild Mortgage - Connor Daley Company Address: 700 Deborah Rd #100, Newberg, OR 97132 Company Website: branches.guildmortgage.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Job Title: Customer Service Assistant ll Telephone: (443) 207-0852 We are…
Infant Care needed on Tuesday's and/or Wednesday's Pay $20/hour We are looking for someone to watch our 8 month old baby on Tuesday's and/or Wednesday's from 11-2pm in our home in Newberg (near Jaquith Park and walking distance from campus) throughout…